Planned Parenthood received $349.6 million in tax dollars in the fiscal year ending on June 30, 2008, and it paid its president, Cecile Richards, $385,163, plus another $11,876 in benefits and deferred compensation.
According to a “fact sheet” published by the organization, Planned Parenthood Affiliate Health Centers performed 324,008 abortions in 2008.
Planned Parenthood’s fiscal year that ended on June 30, 2008 is the latest year for which the organization has publicly released an annual report and published the annual sum of grants and contracts it received from the government.
In January 2009, Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) introduced legislation to defund Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers that receive taxpayer funding. His bill, H.R. 614, would amend the Public Health Service Act to prohibit “providing any federal family planning assistance to an entity unless the entity certifies that, during the period of such assistance, the entity will not perform, and will not provide any funds to any other entity that performs an abortion.”
Why is it that all these liberal special interest groups like National Public Radio (NPR) and Planned Parenthood seem to be collecting so much taxpayer money? Well at least the Republicans are trying to do something about it.
Meanwhile, the International Planned Parenthood Federation is trying to lower the age of consent to 14 in Peru. I guess they are looking to drum up some more business by getting more people to have sex when they can’t possible deal with the natural outcome of sex.
- Does Planned Parenthood really use taxpayer money to provide mammograms?
- Feminists push liberal sexual agenda at United Nations
- House Republicans win vote to defund Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood stung three more times by Live Action
- Planned Parenthood caught helping pimp to run underage sex-trafficking ring
- Planned Parenthood releases annual report – 324,008 babies aborted
- Undercover video of Planned Parenthood selling abortion with misinformation
- How much money does Planned Parenthood receive from taxpayers?
- How much profit does the non-profit Planned Parenthood make?
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure charity funds Planned Parenthood
- Is Planned Parenthood overbilling state and local governments?
- Rep. Mike Pence drafts amendment to defund Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood conceals rape and breaks the law