President Barack Obama would veto the House-approved long-term spending bill for the federal government that contains the Pence Amendment, a measure that would de-fund the Planned Parenthood abortion business.
Because of that provision and other pro-life riders that stop abortion funding globally and in the District of Columbia, the Washington Times indicates “Obama has issued a veto threat on that bill, saying House Republicans’ cuts are unacceptable.”
“Senate Democrats said the non-spending provisions of the bill — such as restrictions on Planned Parenthood and on Obama administration rules and regulations — will also have to be struck,” the Times continues.
[...]Tony Perkins, the head of the Family Research Council, shed light on the situation, talking about the key pro-life provision in the House-approved budget bill that would stop taxpayer funding of abortions in the District of Columbia.
“Until this administration came to town, it was illegal to take money out of our pockets and use it to directly finance the killing of D.C.’s unborn children. That all flew out the window in the 2009 omnibus, when the Democratic leadership insisted on giving District abortion doctors a direct pipeline to government dollars,” he explained.”Thanks to the last Congress, the capital of the free world is also the capital of free abortions. This is incredibly significant now, as House and Senate leaders wrestle over the new budget.”
“As part of the continuing resolution that House members passed last week, the District would go back to the way things were before President Obama, when there was a freeze on D.C. taxpayer-funded abortion. That’s all up in the air, now that both parties can’t seem to come to an agreement on budget cuts,” he said. “The Left’s version of a “clean bill” is still awash in abortion funding.”
The Blog Prof reviews some of Obama’s pro-abortion actions.
- signed an Executive Order opening up taxpayer funding for destroying embryos for research, even though the effort is moot (more here)
- directed the Department of HHS to overturn regulations that protect medical professionals from being forced to perform or refer for abortion (more here)
- second act in office was to authorize US dollars to fund abortions oversees (more here)
- voted against the Born Alive Infant Protection Act (more here and here), thereby outright condoning infanticide (this was before he was elected President, but something that no one should forget). Apparently, not just once but 4 times!
- signed an Executive Order authorizing taxpayer funding for the destruction of human embryos for research and overturned a prior administration EO pressing for forms of stem cell research that wouldn’t require embryo destruction. Even though destroying embryos is likely already moot at this point
- announced $50 million for the UNFPA, the UN population agency that has been criticized for promoting abortion and working closely with Chinese population control officials who use forced abortions and involuntary sterilizations.
- defunded all abstinence-only education, instead going with contraceptive-only education that is proven not to decrease pregnancy or abortion
- Signed a new budget calling for taxpayer-funded abortions in Washington D.C.
Robert McCain notes that this is the same Planned Parenthood that wants to teach Girl Scouts about sex.
Democrats are not really pro-choice – they are pro-abortion. When you pay for people to have abortions, you are pro-abortion.
Related posts on Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood stung three more times by Live Action
- Planned Parenthood caught helping pimp to run underage sex-trafficking ring
- Planned Parenthood releases annual report – 324,008 babies aborted
- Undercover video of Planned Parenthood selling abortion with misinformation
- How much money does Planned Parenthood receive from taxpayers?
- How much profit does the non-profit Planned Parenthood make?
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure charity funds Planned Parenthood
- Is Planned Parenthood overbilling state and local governments?
- Rep. Mike Pence drafts amendment to defund Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood conceals rape and breaks the law
Related posts on Republican bills
- House Republicans win vote to defund Planned Parenthood
- Texas Senate approves pre-abortion ultrasound law
- North Dakota Republican Dan Ruby wants to slash tax rates and ban abortion
- Ohio Republican proposes ban on abortions after baby has a heartbeat
- Iowa House passes constitutional amendment to define marriage
- Arkansas Senate votes to block taxpayer funding of abortion
- Republican Governor Rick Perry demands sonograms before abortions
- Republicans introduce House and Senate bills to establish that life begins at conception
- Michael Medved explains why Republicans should not drop social issues