Here’s a helpful post from Neil Simpson at Eternity Matters.
Facts about Planned Parenthood, the organization at the center of the potential government shutdown:
1. They crush and dismember innocent human beings for a living. That is their primary revenue source. Abortion is not health care.
2. They have been caught countless times, both on audio and on video, hiding statutory rape,. That alone should result in them being not only being de-funded but put out of business. Businesses who commit serial felonies don’t get to point to other (alleged) good things they do to avoid responsibility.
3. They have been caught many times hiding sex trafficking, which includes victims of human trafficking.
4. Their CEO falsely claimed that Planned Parenthood provides mammograms and that a loss of Federal funding would end these. How many CEOs don’t know what services their organization provides? Was this incompetence or a deliberate lie about a highly emotional, most-favored-disease issue to sustain public funding for her organization? Why hasn’t she or the mainstream media highlighted and corrected this error?
And there’s more in his list that you should know.
So that’s what they do. Now why do Democrats want to give them taxpayer money?
In 2010, Planned Parenthood and a California affiliate together spent more than $700,000 on federal lobbying efforts, a Center for Responsive Politics analysis of federal lobbying records finds. By comparison, all other organizations that primarily advocate for abortion rights collectively spent $247,280 on federal lobbying efforts during the same period, according to the Center’s research.
Planned Parenthood’s political influence efforts hardly stop at lobbying.
The organization’s political action committee, for example, donated more than $148,000 to federal candidates — almost all Democrats — during the 2010 election cycle. The PAC spent more than $443,000 overall.
Planned Parenthood also recorded $905,796 in independent expenditures during the 2010 cycle — money spent in support of, or in opposition to, federal political candidates, largely through advertisements. The top beneficiaries of this money were Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) and Patty Murray (D-Wash.).
It’s about the money. Democrats give Planned Parenthood your money, and then Planned Parenthood kills babies with the money, and they make a profit by killing, and then they take some of the profits from their killing, and they give it back to Democrats who approved their subsidies. And taxpayers, including pro-life taxpayers, pay for this.
- Does Planned Parenthood really use taxpayer money to provide mammograms?
- Feminists push liberal sexual agenda at United Nations
- House Republicans win vote to defund Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood stung three more times by Live Action
- Planned Parenthood caught helping pimp to run underage sex-trafficking ring
- Planned Parenthood releases annual report – 324,008 babies aborted
- Undercover video of Planned Parenthood selling abortion with misinformation
- How much money does Planned Parenthood receive from taxpayers?
- How much profit does the non-profit Planned Parenthood make?
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure charity funds Planned Parenthood
- Is Planned Parenthood overbilling state and local governments?
- Rep. Mike Pence drafts amendment to defund Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood conceals rape and breaks the law