The criticism continues for pro-abortion Vice-President Joe Biden following his refusalto condemn the forced abortions and human rights abuses associated with the one-child policy in China.
In a speech, Biden talked about demographic concerns associated with the policy but said he would not “second-guess” it and “understood” why Chinese put the policy in place.
Now, Biden faces criticism from Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, the first Republican to have addressed the statement.
“China’s one-child policy is gruesome and barbaric,” Romney told the Washington Post. “Vice President Biden’s acquiescence to such a policy should shock the conscience of every American. Instead of condoning the policy, Vice President Biden should have condemned it in the strongest possible terms. There can be no defense of a government that engages in compulsory sterilization and forced abortions in the name of population control.”
Later Tuesday, GOP candidate Rick Perry released a statement condemning Biden’s comments, and the forced abortion policy.
“China’s one child policy has led to the great human tragedy of forced abortions throughout China, and Vice President Biden’s refusal to ‘second-guess’ this horrendous policy demonstrates great moral indifference on the part of the Obama Administration. Americans value life, and we deserve leaders who will stand up against such inhumanity, not cast a blind eye,” he said.
[...]The one-child policy, instituted by the Communist government in the late 1970s to stem rising population, compels couples in urban areas to have just one child and limits couples in rural areas to two children if the first child is a girl, as girls are seen as having lesser value than boys in some parts of the Asian nation.
The policy has stirred global controversy since it was implemented, as it has resulted in massive campaigns of forced abortions and sterilizations, fines for families violating the rule, sentences to prison and forced labor camps for violators and their families who shelter them from government officials, home detention, loss of jobs or government benefits, beatings and other human rights abuses.
This is really not a big surprise considering that Barack Obama is the most pro-abortion president ever, and Obama’s Science Czar John Holdren even advocated for mass sterlizations, forced abortions and a world police force. (Presumably to perform the forced abortions)
Related posts on Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood stung three more times by Live Action
- Planned Parenthood caught helping pimp to run underage sex-trafficking ring
- Planned Parenthood releases annual report – 324,008 babies aborted
- Undercover video of Planned Parenthood selling abortion with misinformation
- How much money does Planned Parenthood receive from taxpayers?
- How much profit does the non-profit Planned Parenthood make?
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure charity funds Planned Parenthood
- Is Planned Parenthood overbilling state and local governments?
- Rep. Mike Pence drafts amendment to defund Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood conceals rape and breaks the law
Related posts on Republican bills
- House Republicans win vote to defund Planned Parenthood
- Texas Senate approves pre-abortion ultrasound law
- North Dakota Republican Dan Ruby wants to slash tax rates and ban abortion
- Ohio Republican proposes ban on abortions after baby has a heartbeat
- Iowa House passes constitutional amendment to define marriage
- Arkansas Senate votes to block taxpayer funding of abortion
- Republican Governor Rick Perry demands sonograms before abortions
- Republicans introduce House and Senate bills to establish that life begins at conception
- Michael Medved explains why Republicans should not drop social issues