From the radically left-wing Los Angeles Times.
A West Hollywood artist who allegedly painted the words “Tastes like hate” on the side of a Chick-fil-A restaurant because of the company president’s stand against gay marraige won’t be criminally charged by the L.A. County district attorney’s office.
Prosecutors announced Wednesday they were declining to press charges after Torrance police submitted a case.
[...]The graffiti – accompanied by a representation of a cow holding a paint brush — appeared during a week of demonstrations at Chick-fil-A restaurants nationwide sparked by company President Dan Cathy’s public denunciation of same-sex marriage.
Discovered about 6:40 a.m. Friday at the Hawthorne Boulevard restaurant, the vandalism coincided with ”National Same-Sex Kiss Day,” when gay rights supporters asked couples to take photos of themselves kissing at Chick-fil-A locations.
Castro took credit for the graffiti in an interview with the Huffington Post.
“Everybody is entitled to free speech, but it seems like for the gay tribe, this is more of an issue of equal rights — human rights,” he said. “I’m against what these people stand for, what this company stands for. They’re trying to take away what little rights we already have.”A day before he was taken into custody, Castro made another statement to the Huffington Post, telling his critics the act was “meant to further a discussion about tolerance and acceptance.”
“I didn’t use violence. I used paint. Artists for centuries have expressed their opinions through this medium and I am no different,” he said. “I am happy to pay for the costs of repainting the wall, but I am not — nor will I ever be — happy to sit quietly at the back of the bus.”
The left-wing media thinks that a crime can only be a hate crime when the right kind of people are victimized. Oh, oh, and Christians aren’t being persecuted for their faith in places like the Sudan, China or North Korea, either. Only secular leftist people can be victims, don’t you know? And if you disagree with this double standard then you’re a racist bigot, so there.
- Floyd Lee Corkins II is a left-winger, admired atheist philosopher Nietzche
- Even after Family Research Council shooting, leftists continue “hate” rhetoric
- The mainstream media’s biased coverage of the Family Research Council shooting
- Southern Poverty Law Center called the Family Research Council “hate group”
- Human Rights Campaign calls the Family Research Council “hate group”
- Family Research Council shooting suspect volunteered at gay community center
- White House and left-wing media take hours to comment on FRC shooting
- Shooting at Family Research Council being investigated as domestic terrorism
- Obama administration linked to gay activist Dan Savage
- Gay activist Dan Savage bullies Christian teens and bashes Christianity
- Hate crime: gay activists vandalize Mark Driscoll’s Mars Hill Church
- Human Rights Campaign leaks list of pro-marriage donors and their addresses
- Pro-abortion vandals: destroying pro-life display was “free speech”
- Gay rights activists vandalize church for posting pro-marriage sign
- Gay manager at Cisco Systems gets Dr. Frank Turek fired
- California Democrats mandate gay history in public schools
- Brown University students attack pro-marriage sign at demonstration
- Queen’s University feminist professor says that polygamy should be permitted
- UK Equalities Minister introduces law allowing gays to marry in churches
- Christian business owners found guilty for disagreeing with homosexuality
- Belgian archbishop targeted by gay activists over AIDS remarks
- Christian couple barred from having foster children
- Christian student loses case with Eastern Michigan University
- Ireland considers bill to criminalize dissent from same-sex civil unions
- Catholic Charities closes adoption agency due to same-sex marriage law
- Do Democrats like Chai Feldblum believe in religious liberty?