From CNS News.
The Department of Homeland Security’s 2011 Yearbook of Immigration Statistics was released last month, including figures that show that the number of illegal aliens apprehended in the United States was the lowest in 40 years.
The report shows (page 91, table 33) that in fiscal year 2011, the number of illegal aliens apprehended was 641,633 – at that time the lowest total apprehensions since 1972 when the number of illegal aliens apprehended was 505,949.
The report shows that the number of illegal aliens apprehended has steadily decreased over the course of the Obama administration, from 869,857 in fiscal year 2009 to 641,633 in fiscal year 2011.
The table includes the following totals for fiscal years 2008-2011:
- 2008: 1,043.863
- 2009: 869,857
- 2010: 752,329
- 2011: 641,633
The table also shows that from 1976 to 2008, the number of apprehensions ranged from 910,361 in 1980 to 1,814,729 in 2000.
We know that we can’t trust the Democrats on national security and foreign policy, but it turns out that we can’t even trust them to secure the border. And if Obama gets a second term, we should expect amnesty for 20 million illegal immigrants. That’s my prediction if we vote him in for a second term.
- Arizona governor Jan Brewer blocks welfare payments for illegal immigrants
- Obama declares amnesty for 800,000 illegal immigrants
- IRS refunding billions to illegal immigrants for children in Mexico
- Democrats oppose checking immigration status during traffic stops
- Haitian man who could not be deported kills three people in Florida
- Obama appoints amnesty advocate to head his Domestic Policy Council
- Obama tries to block execution of convicted Mexican rapist and murderer
- Why border security is a national security issue
- Slain border agent’s family unimpressed by Janet Napolitano’s indifference
- Does enforcing immigration law really reduce violent crime rates?
- Why do conservatives oppose illegal immigration?
- The connection between terrorism and illegal immigration
- Why won’t Obama sue “sanctuary cities” for breaking immigration laws?
- Obama enlists radical groups and labor unions to push for amnesty
- Obama picks opponent of immigration enforcement for key role at ICE
- Obama administration will sue Arizona for enforcing immigration law
- Environmental regulations restrict law enforcement by Border Patrol
- Illegal immigrant from Iran caught while smuggling in weapons from Canada
- LA students to be taught that AZ immigration law is un-American
- Obama administration complains about Arizona immigration law to China
- How much does it cost to enforce immigration law?
- ACORN’s CEO Bertha Wilson explains why she favors amnesty
- Obama backs plan to put illegal immigrants on path to citizenship
- Are Democrats seeking to register criminals and illegal aliens to vote?
- Democrat health care bill provides health care for illegal immigrants with taxpayer money