It’s all a vast right-wing conspiracy:
Who cares about whose fault it is that four Americans are dead? Not her. Stop asking her questions, she has a headache!
Here’s the UK Telegraph assessment of Hillary’s performance at the hearings.
It was not exactly a bravura performance today from the Secretary of State, who testified this morning before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. Hillary Clinton came across as defiant, evasive, blasé,and at times hugely unconvincing when answering questions from Republican Senators about the death of four Americans at the hand of Islamist terrorists in Benghazi last September, including the assassination of the US Ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens. After listening to several hours of Mrs. Clinton defending her administration’s handling of the Benghazi debacle, including UN Ambassador Susan Rice’s preposterous suggestion on Sunday morning talk shows that this might not have been a terrorist attack, the American public will only be left with the impression that this is a presidency that doesn’t take any responsibility for its actions, is highly incompetent, and remains firmly in denial over the scale of the al-Qaeda threat.
[...]With an eye on a possible 2016 presidential bid, Hillary Clinton did herself no favours with today’s testimony, just a few days before she steps down from high office. It underscores the fact that Clinton has been a less than impressive Secretary of State, whose leadership on an array of foreign policy matters, from Syria to Egypt and Iran, has been underwhelming. Some of her initiatives have been disastrous, including the much-hyped and weak-kneed Russian “reset,” which now appears to have sunk without a trace after Moscow decided not to cooperate. And who can forget Mrs. Clinton’s decision to stand alongside Cristina Kirchner in Buenos Aires, and support the Argentine president’s call for UN-brokered negotiations over the sovereignty of the Falklands? Or her department’s extraordinary attempts to intervene in the internal British debate over membership of the European Union.
The last four years have been a period of marked U.S. decline, coupled with a sneering disregard for America’s key allies such as Britain and Israel. The Secretary of State floundered today before the Senate, struggling to defend a feeble foreign policy that has undercut American leadership and projected weakness in the face of America’s adversaries. The Obama administration’s blundering response to Benghazi is symbolic of its wider failure in the Middle East and beyond, one that does not bode well for the next four years.
Remember, Hillary’s focus as Secretary of State is not what you would expect.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said last week that she has stood up for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and and Transgender rights all around the world.
“Memories are short, and we can’t afford to rest on the laurels of the past,” Clinton said Thursday at an event co-hosted by the State Department and Foreign Policy Magazine. “So it’s our job to reintroduce a post-Iraq generation of young people around the world to principled American leadership.”
“That is part of why I’ve logged so many miles over the last four years going to something on the order of 112 countries, holding town hall meetings with young people from Tunis to Tokyo, shining a spotlight on the concerns of religious and ethnic minorities from the Copts in Egypt to the Rohingya in Burma, putting down a clear marker on internet freedom, going to the UN Human Rights Council to stand up for the rights and lives of the LGBT people around the world, advancing a new approach to development that puts human dignity and self-sufficiency at the heart of our efforts, and pushing women’s rights and opportunities to the top of the diplomatic agenda,” Clinton continued.
National security? What’s that? The State Department’s job is to promote abortion and gay rights.
Rand Paul sums up my response to our affirmative action Secretary of State:
The question that this shrill shrieking suggests to me is this: is the feminist “blame men for the glass ceiling” attitude compatible with competence and accountability? Should you put a feminist in charge of something and then expect her to take responsibility for mistakes and be transparent?
- Benghazi security officials on the ground contradict CIA’s account
- Obama administration refused to engage top counter-terrorism resource for Benghazi
- Classified cable sent on August 16th warned of vulnerability of Benghazi consulate
- Four out of five Sunday news shows fail to mention the Benghazi cover-up
- Kyle Clarke of 9NEWS grills Obama on Benghazi and green energy corruption
- Requests for support from Benghazi defenders denied by the Obama administration
- White House told that terrorists took credit for Benghazi attack within two hours
- Unmanned drone observed Benghazi attack, no help sent for 7 hours
- CIA in Libya reported that Benghazi was a terrorist attack in first 24 hours
- Obama’s Watergate: State Department falsifies Obama’s Benghazi cover-up
- Benghazi attack was a massive failure of Obama’s security policy
- Obama justifies censorship by blaming a Youtube clip for a planned terrorist attack
- Al Qaeda chief suspect in Libya terrorist attack, Obama flies to Las Vegas fundraiser
- Obama administration warns contractors to delay layoffs to after election
- Obama wants to send $1 billion of aid to Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt
- Report: Iran shipping arms and personnel to Syria through Iraq
- Obama is skipping over half of his daily intelligence briefings (PDBs)
- The top 10 foreign policy failures of the Obama administration
- Russian attack submarine operates undetected in Gulf of Mexico for a month
- Democrat defense cuts to an already weakened military expose us to aggression
- Richard Miniter: Obama canceled Bin Laden kill mission THREE TIMES
- Can the Democrats be trusted to protect our national security?
- Obama administration leaked name of British agent who stopped Al Qaeda attack
- Obama overrides Congress to send $192 million to Palestinian Authority
- Obama’s neutrality on the Falklands dispute puts special relationship at risk
- Obama’s Arab Spring: Rockets fired from Egypt hit Israeli city
- Is the Obama administration behind the leak of Israel’s plan to strike Iran?
- Top Iranian official assisting Syria to crackdown on protestors
- Obama’s defense cuts undermine our national security
- Iran set to steal military technology from the drone Obama gave them