NBC12 reports on a story sure to be ignored by the anti-gun national media.
Prince Edward sheriff’s deputies are investigating a deadly home invasion that happened early Sunday morning in Prospect. Two of the three suspects are dead, shot by the homeowner in self defense, according to investigators on scene. Meanwhile, the search continues for the third suspect.
This situation began unfolding at about 4:30 a.m. in the 5000 block of Prince Edward Highway, or Route 460. Investigators told NBC12’s Kelly Avellino three unknown men forced their way in the front door of the home, where a man was alone with a 2-year-old child.
According to a press release issued by Sheriff Wesley W. Reed, that man called 911 to report a home invasion and said the suspects were armed. Reed also said gunfire was exchanged between the suspects and the caller.
Authorities said two suspects were pronounced dead at the scene, while the third managed to escape on foot.
We’re told the homeowner and the child were not harmed.
Just another use of legally-owned firearms to defend property and innocent people. It happens all the time, in places where guns aren’t banned by leftists.
- Great grandmother fires at mugger with legally-owned, legally-carried handgun
- Man who doesn’t believe in guns thanks gun owners for protecting him from burglar
- Man shoots robbery suspect to protect his 2-year-old son
- Woman uses gun to defend herself and her children from home intruder
- 12-year-old girl shoots home intruder in the shoulder with legally owned firearm
- Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school
- 14-year old boy uses parents’ handgun to deter armed intruder
- Woman defends herself from intruder using legally-owned firearm
- Recently widowed mother uses legally owned gun to defend her child
- Pregnant woman uses her shotgun to scare burglars out of her home