Real Clear Politics has the transcript.
Nearly two decades of running our small business, my husband and I never dealt with any government agency, outside of filing our annual tax returns. We had never been audited, we had never been investigated, but all that changed upon submitting applications for the non-profit statuses of True the Vote and King Street Patriots. Since that filing in 2010, my private businesses, my nonprofit organizations, and family have been subjected to more than 15 instances of audit or inquiry by federal agencies.
In 2011, my personal and business tax returns were audited by the Internal Revenue Service, each audit going back for a number of years.
In 2012, my business was subjected to inspection by OSHA, on a select occasion when neither my husband nor I were present, and though the agency wrote that it found nothing serious or significant, it still issued fines in excess of $20,000.
In 2012 and again in 2013 the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms conducted comprehensive audits at my place business.
Beginning in 2010, the FBI contacted my nonprofit organization on six separate occasions – wanting to cull through membership manifests in conjunction with domestic terrorism cases. They eventually dropped all matters and have now redacted nearly all my files.
All of these incursions into my affairs began after filing applications for tax-exemption. There is no other remarkable event, no other reason, to explain away how for decades I went unnoticed, but now find myself on the receiving end of interagency coordination into and against all facets of my life, both public and private.
Bear in mind, distinguished ladies and gentlemen of this sub-committee, these events were occuring while the IRS was subjecting me to multiple rounds of abusive inquiries, with requests to provide every Facebook and Twitter entry I’d every posted, questions about my political aspirations, and demands to know the names of every group I’d ever made presentations to, the content of what I’d said, and where I intended to speak for the coming year. The answers to these sorts of questions are not of interest to the typical IRS analyst, but they are of great interest to a political machine that puts its own survival above the civil liberties of any private citizen.
The whole video and transcript is worth a look.
What has been the response of the Democrats to these facts? Well, Obama has picked one of his campaign donors to investigate. And Obama insisted in a recent interview that there was not ”a smidgen of corruption“ in his autocratic socialist regime.
Obama blamed Fox News and said there was not even a smidgen of corruption. In other words, shut up because I am doing this for your own good, you peasants. Believe my lies, because I am your King.
Remember, Obama won the 2012 election in part through intimidation and persecution of these conservative groups, especially the ones like True the Vote that sought to prevent rampant voter fraud by Democrat voters.
It reminds me of a quotation from C.S. Lewis:
If we are to be mothered, mother must know best. . . . In every age the men who want us under their thumb, if they have any sense, will put forward the particular pretension which the hopes and fears of that age render most potent. They ‘cash in.’ It has been magic, it has been Christianity. Now it will certainly be science. . . . Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be.
. . . .
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. Their very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be ‘cured’ against one’s will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.
—C. S. Lewis, God in the Dock
Democrats stand for the complete planning of everyone’s lives according to their own secular leftist values, and they want to grow government in order to achieve that control over society.
- DOJ selects Democrat donor to head investigation of IRS corruption
- New York Times: Democrats knew about IRS scandal 5 months before the 2012 election
- The IRS abuse of power scandal started from the top
- IRS exchanged confidential taxpayer information with White House
- DOJ won’t prosecute government officials for unauthorized access of tax records
- Treasury Dept. IG: IRS targeted 292 Tea Party groups but only 6 progressive groups
- New study: IRS targeting of Tea Party conservatives had significant effect on 2012 election
- Human Rights Campaign refuses to reveal name of IRS leaker
- Phone call recording of IRS agent reveals anti-Christian, anti free speech bias
- Obama’s deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter met with IRS chief at the White House
- Cincinnati IRS employee: Washington told us to target the Tea Party
- IRS chief visited White House a reported 118 times from 2010 to 2011
- IRS fascist Lois Lerner pleads the fifth to avoid transparency and accountability
- A closer look at one of the conservatives persecuted by the IRS
- Obama met with anti-Tea Party IRS Union boss one day before the IRS persecutions began
- The IRS abuse of power scandal started from the top
- IRS official who targeted Tea Party groups now a director in Obamacare administration
- IRS audited the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association after they ran pro-marriage ads
- IRS gave confidential documents from conservative groups to liberal group ProPublica
- IRS apologizes for flagging conservative groups for audits in 2012 election year