Dr. Morse delivers a talk based on her book “Smart Sex” at Harvard University.
The MP3 file is here. (21 Mb)
- the hook-up culture and its effects on men and women
- cohabitation and its effect on marriage stability
- balancing marriage, family and career
- single motherhood by choice and IVF
- donor-conceived children
- modern sex: a sterile, recreation activity
- the real purposes of sex: procreation and spousal unity
- the hormone oxytocin: when it is secreted and what it does
- the hormone vassopressin: when it is secreted and what it does
- the sexual revolution and the commoditization of sex
- the consumer view of sex vs the organic view of sex
- fatherlessness and multi-partner fertility
- how the “sex-without-relationship” view harms children
52 minutes of lecture, 33 minutes of Q&A from the Harvard students. The Q&A is worth listening to – the first question is from a gay student, and Dr. Morse pulls a William Lane Craig to defeat her objection. It was awesome! I never get tired of listening to her talk, and especially on the topics of marriage and family.