Dr. Morse delivers a talk based on her book “Smart Sex” at Harvard University.
The MP3 file is here. (30 Mb)
- the hook-up culture and its effects on men and women
- cohabitation and its effect on marriage stability
- balancing marriage, family and career
- single motherhood by choice and IVF
- donor-conceived children
- modern sex: a sterile, recreation activity
- the real purposes of sex: procreation and spousal unity
- the hormone oxytocin: when it is secreted and what it does
- the hormone vassopressin: when it is secreted and what it does
- the sexual revolution and the commoditization of sex
- the consumer view of sex vs the organic view of sex
- fatherlessness and multi-partner fertility
- how the “sex-without-relationship” view harms children
52 minutes of lecture, 33 minutes of Q&A from the Harvard students. The Q&A is worth listening to – the first question is from a gay student, and Dr. Morse pulls a William Lane Craig to defeat her objection. It was awesome! I never get tired of listening to her talk, and especially on the topics of marriage and family. She is a debater, as well (see below).
And just so everyone knows, the Wintery Knight is pro-chastity and pro-marriage. I believe in chastity and I am chaste. I recommend chastity to men who are contemplating a stable, effective marriage. The research shows that you will have a better marriage by being chaste before marriage.
- Jennifer Roback Morse interviews UK lawyer on religious liberty and free speech
- Jennifer Roback Morse debates Christine Sun on the definition of marriage
- Should government get out of the marriage business?
- Jennifer Roback Morse on the injustice of the American family court system
- Jennifer Roback Morse lectures on sexual liberation and social justice
- Jennifer Roback Morse debates same-sex marriage at Southern Methodist University
- Jennifer Roback Morse: Father’s Day is also Husband’s Day
- Jennifer Roback Morse explains how divorce laws changed marriage
- Jennifer Roback Morse lectures on marriage at Stanford University
- Jennifer Roback Morse on Obama’s rejection of traditional marriage
- Three lectures in three days from Jennifer Roback Morse
- Jennifer Roback Morse on contraceptives, divorce, cohabitation, SSM and ART
- Is marriage just an arrangement for people for love each other?
- New version of Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse’s Love and Economics talk
- Jennifer Roback Morse debates feminism with abortion radical
- Jennifer Roback Morse discusses the rise of single, childless women
- New talks on marrriage by Jennifer Roback Morse and Maggie Gallagher
- Are two mommies as good for a child as a biological mother and father?