The list is from the Daily Signal.
- Gun smuggling
- Corrupting election process
- Failure to investigate IRS targeting of conservative groups
- Failure to take the threat of terrorism seriously
- Refusing to respect and defend the rule of law
- Allying with leftist groups to “sue and settle” with conservative groups
- Treated the oversight responsibility of Congress with contempt
I’ve written about the one that bothered me the most – the refusal to investigate the IRS. I just want to make clear how bad this one was.
Outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder’s legacy – or at least a big part of it – will be obstructing the investigation into the Internal Revenue Service targeting of conservative groups, said Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), who set a low bar for the next attorney general.
“Whoever is going to be next, they have to be better than Eric Holder was,” Jordan told The Blaze on the day Holder announced he was retiring from his controversial tenure as head of the Justice Department.
Jordan is the chairman of the subcommittee for regulatory affairs for the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, in which he has probed the IRS targeting of tea party and conservative groups.
Primarily, he points to Holder naming DOJ attorney Barbara Bosserman, who contributed more than $6,000 to President Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee, to run the investigation.
“It just shows the arrogance that is in this attorney general’s agency during his tenure,” Jordan said.
Every House Republican and 26 House Democrats voted for a resolution asking for a special prosecutor to investigate the IRS scandal. Holder ignored the resolution.
Not only that, but Jordan points out that Holder is stepping down in the middle of other unanswered questions, such as Operation Fast and Furious and Solyndra – matters that were not resolved but dropped out of focus.
Jordan said of the entire IRS scandal, “This is like a third rate, B actor crime drama.”
The reason, he is because of a predictable script. First, he said, Obama talks about shadowy conservative groups, then Democratic senators write letters to the IRS demanding an investigation. Once the IRS is caught for their targeting, they blame lower level employees. When that didn’t work, they blamed Russell George, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration for being unfair.
“The last thing they do what everyone else does when they’re caught in a crime, they lose the evidence,” Jordan said, referring to the lost e-mails from Lois Lerner, the former head of the tax exempt organizations unit for the IRS.
This is the kind of administration we’ve had for the past 5+ years. It was Watergate every day in this administration. And it’s not going to stop unless we throw the out the crooks in the next election and put in moral people.
- Obama covers-up DOJ operation that allowed gun smuggling to Mexican drug cartels
- Republicans prepare contempt citation for AG Eric Holder over Fast and Furious
- Eric Holder wants to brainwash people against legal gun ownership
- Fast and Furious’ goal was to undermine legal firearm ownership
- Obama administration tries to cover up Border Patrol agent’s murder
- Fast and Furious assault weapons seized from drug cartel enforcer’s home
- Republicans call for AG Eric Holder to resign over newly released e-mails
- Did attorney general Eric Holder lie to Congress about gun sales to drug cartels?
- New Operation Fast and Furious e-mails sent to White House official
- Janet Napolitano, Eric Holder and the plan to sell guns to Mexican drug cartels
- Federal court: Obama appointees interfered with New Black Panther prosecution
- Obama administration sues Florida for purging non-citizens from voter rolls
- Democrats and pro-abortion groups target pro-lifers in FBI and DOJ training
- Is Obama’s Department of Justice enabling voter registration fraud?
- Department of Justice won’t purge dead or ineligible voters from roll
- Obama’s attorney general has his head in the sand on national security