The Weekly Standard reports.
Have you heard much about President Obama’s $787,000,000,000 economic “stimulus” (now estimated to cost $831,000,000,000) lately? In its last report, published in 2011, the president’s own Council of Economic Advisors released an estimate showing that, for every $317,000 in “stimulus” spending that had by then gone out the door, only one job had been created or saved. Even in Washington, that’s not considered good bang for the buck.
Moreover, that was the fifth consecutive “stimulus” report that showed this number getting progressively worse.
Alas, that was the last report we’ve seen. Never mind that Section 1513 of the “stimulus” legislation, which Obama spearheaded and signed into law, requires the executive branch to submit a new report every three months. It reads:
“In consultation with the Director of the Office of Management and Budget and the Secretary of the Treasury, the Chairperson of the Council of Economic Advisers shall submit quarterly reports to the Committees on Appropriations of the Senate and House of Representatives that detail the impact of programs funded through covered funds on employment, estimated economic growth, and other key economic indicators.”
[...]By now, [the Obama administration] was supposed to have released fourteen such reports. It has released only eight. The last one covered the period ending in June 2011. That’s right — 2011.
With only 58.6 percent of Americans currently employed — down 2.4 percent from the time of Obama’s first inauguration — it’s not surprising that the Obama administration doesn’t really want to fulfill it legal responsibilities and release subsequent reports on its failed “stimulus.” However, it hardly seems fair — to use one of Obama’s favorite words — that the rich and (extremely) powerful think that they can choose whether or not to abide by the laws they spearhead and sign, while the rest of us are forced to obey them.
I’m not surprised by this, because we all know that Democrats are the biggest tax cheats ever. It’s not surprising to me that they pass laws that they have no intention of following themselves, because they are hypocrites. The laws are meant to stop others from succeeding, but Democrats themselves always seem to be exempt. Just like the waivers that the big labor unions got from Obamacare. Poverty for thee, but not for me.\
- 9 reasons why the economy is not moving “forward” under Barack Obama
- CBO: each job created by stimulus cost between $4.1 million and $540,000
- Green firm that got $1.46 billion in bailouts announces 2000 layoffs
- CBO report predicts 30% higher taxes and trillion-plus dollar deficit
- Did Obama’s $800 billion dollar stimulus program stimulate the economy?
- Obamanomics: $500,000 stimulus grant to grow trees creates 1.72 jobs
- Solar power firm goes bankrupt after receiving $535 million taxpayer dollars
- Public schools spend $130,000 of stimulus money on diversity training books
- Democrat economists: “stimulus” cost $278,000 per job
- Obama blasts private jet tax breaks created by his own stimulus
- Obama spent $80 billion dollars on green jobs so where are the jobs?