From KTAR News in Arizona. (H/T Mysterious WGB)
A former LGBT youth and diversity liaison for Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton has been charged with 13 counts of sex crimes with a minor.
Caleb Michael Laieski is accused of having sex with a 14-year-old boy last year. He was 17 at the time, but Arizona law said children under the age of 15 can’t legally consent to sex, even with another minor.
[...]Laieski gained national attention in 2011 when he appeared in a documentary about bullying and discussed issues involving gay youth with both President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.
Life Site News has some more details.
An openly homosexual teenager, who was given a position as an “adviser” to Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton and honored by President Barack Obama at a White House “gay pride” dinner, has been indicted on more than a dozen counts of sexual misconduct with a minor under the age of 15.
[...]Laieski rose to national prominence after he and a 35-year-old friend, Casey Cameron, sent e-mails to 5,000 Arizona schools in 2011 demanding special protections for gay students and threatening legal action if they failed to bring their policies in line with his demands. The teen then dropped out of high school, got his GED, and traveled to Washington, D.C., to lobby for the Student Non-Discrimination Act.
In 2012, Laieski was given a position in Mayor Stanton’s office as a “youth and diversity liaison,” advising the mayor on matters of policy having to do with youth, particularly gay youth. He was an “advocate on loan,” meaning his salary was funded by an outside group, called “One in Ten.”
According to police records, part of his job was to represent the mayor’s office at local homosexual protests, which is how he got to know Wilson, who was usually assigned as the officer in charge of policing such events.
[...]Initially, investigators saw Laieski only as a victim in the case, but police records show that Laieski actively pressured his young friend not to tell anyone about the abuse in order to protect his rising star from being tarnished, even after the younger boy became suicidal.
[...]When the younger boy begged Laieski to go with him to the police, Laieski told him no. He said he was negotiating with Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius over a possible White House job, and he worried that if anyone found out he’d been involved in a crime, he’d lose the opportunity.
[...]“I have a phone call with the Secretary of HHS about me working at the White House,” he added. “I am not going to allow this to get in my way. I don’t think you understand that reporting this [to the police] doesn’t only affect Chris [Wilson]. It defiantly [sic] would affect me as well.”
I notice in the stories that there is no mention of the 14-year old having a father anywhere in his life, which would explain a lot. Fathers are the ones who normally look out for predators. Children really need women to do a better job of picking men who will commit before having sex, and stick around when the children appear, but that seems to clash with the need to be “feelings-led” that is valued to highly. Desire trumps reason, but there is a price to pay.
- Gay activist Dan Savage: abortion should be mandatory for the next 30 years
- “Two Dads are Better Than One”: pro-gay adoption ABC profile of convicted pedophile
- Two Christian preachers brutally beaten at Seattle Gay Pride Festival
- Gay activist who vandalized Chick-Fil-A restaurant will not be charged
- Man who attempted mass shooting at Family Research Council pleads guilty
- Floyd Lee Corkins II is a left-winger, admired atheist philosopher Nietzche
- Even after Family Research Council shooting, leftists continue “hate” rhetoric
- The mainstream media’s biased coverage of the Family Research Council shooting
- Southern Poverty Law Center called the Family Research Council “hate group”
- Human Rights Campaign calls the Family Research Council “hate group”
- Family Research Council shooting suspect volunteered at gay community center
- White House and left-wing media take hours to comment on FRC shooting
- Shooting at Family Research Council being investigated as domestic terrorism
- Gay activist Dan Savage bullies Christian teens and bashes Christianity
- Hate crime: gay activists vandalize Mark Driscoll’s Mars Hill Church
- Human Rights Campaign leaks list of pro-marriage donors and their addresses
- Gay rights activists vandalize church for posting pro-marriage sign
- Gay manager at Cisco Systems gets Dr. Frank Turek fired