Well, I was floored by the Saddleback Church Apologetics conference speakers and topics. And I thought that the lectures from that conference were great.
Other churches are also having conferences!
Here is a conference in Alabama coming up in January 2010.
- Ravi Zacharias
- Prof. John Lennox
- Alistair Begg ??? This guy is a PASTOR!!!
- Larry Taunton
- Stuart McAllister
- Harry Reeder
- Jay Smith
- Bill Wortman
Alistair Begg??? Alistair Begg??? Pastors hate apologetics, except for Kreitsauce! This is unpossible! Unpossible, I say!
And here is another one in North Carolina in November 2009.
- Michael Brown
- William Lane Craig
- Dinesh D’Souza (Catholic)
- Gary R. Habermas
- Christopher Hitchens (debating Dinesh D’souza) ??? Christians debate?
- Johnny Hunt, President of Southern Baptist Convention ???
- Greg Koukl
- Peter Kreeft (Catholic)
- Mike Licona
- Frank Turek
- Benjamin Wiker (Catholic)
Now I ask you. When did Christians suddenly start to value apologetics as part of the church experience? And DEBATES! In CHURCH! What is the world coming to when Christians let atheists debate Christian truth claims with reference to real facts and evidences, in the church? Churches are for singing and having fun! Right?
Worser and worser
But it gets even WORSE. Look, 100 Huntley Street is hosting videos of William Lane Craig answering QUESTIONS! (H/T Apologetics 315)
• The Relationship Between Faith and Reason – Video / MP3
• The Best Argument for Belief in God – Video / MP3
• Can We Be Good Without God? – Video / MP3
• Is God a Logical Necessity – Video / MP3
• Can We Trust the Bible Written 2000 Years Ago – Video / MP3
• Why Is Richard Dawkins So Popular? – Video / MP3
• Who Designed the Designer? A Response to Dawkins – Video / MP3
• The Flying Spaghetti Monster & Evidence for God – Video / MP3
• Can We Trust Religious Experiences? – Video / MP3
• Can There Be Meaning Without God? – Video / MP3
• How Can Christianity Be the Only One True Religion? – Video / MP3
HE’S TALKING ABOUT THE BIG BANG! Appealing to the findings of mainstream science! That’s… blasphemy! Isn’t it?
(By the way, you should really listen to these, especially the ones in italics, where he is surprisingly snarky! These are just a few minutes long, each).
Now whenever I am being silly, no one realizes it. So this is all just me being silly. I love Christian apologetics, and I am happy that churches are getting interested in training young people to think about their faith and then talk about it in public. Once in a while, I should be allowed to be silly.