From Fox News, where else?
Despite a carefully narrated version of events rolled out late this week by the CIA claiming agents jumped into action as soon as they were notified of calls for help in Benghazi, security officials on the ground say calls for help went out considerably earlier — and signs of an attack were mounting even before that.
The accounts, from foreign and American security officials in and around Benghazi at the time of the attack, indicate there was in fact a significant lag between when the threat started to show itself and help started to arrive.
According to the CIA, the first calls for assistance came at 9:40 p.m. local time from a senior State Department official at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, to the CIA annex about a mile away.
But according to multiple people on the ground that night, the Blue Mountain Security manager, who was in charge of the local force hired to guard the consulate perimeter, made calls on both two-way radios and cell phones to colleagues in Benghazi warning of problems at least an hour earlier. Those calls allegedly went to local security contractors who say that the CIA annex was also notified much earlier than 9:40 p.m. U.S. military intelligence also told Fox News that armed militia was gathering up to three hours before the attack began.
[…]As details emerge of serious security issues before the attack on Sept. 11, Fox News is also beginning to hear more frustration from sources both on the ground in Benghazi and in the U.S. Multiple British and American sources insist there were other capabilities in the region and are mystified why none were used. Fox News was told there were not only armed drones that monitor Libyan chemical weapon sites in the area, but also F-18’s, AC-130 aircraft and even helicopters that could have been dispatched in a timely fashion.
[…]British intelligence sources said that unarmed drones routinely flew over Benghazi every night in flight patterns and that armed drones which fly over chemical sites, some a short flight from Benghazi, “were always said to be on call.” American sources confirmed this and questioned “why was a drone armed only with a camera dispatched?”
This is Jennifer Griffin reporting again. So it looks like she and Cheryl Atkisson are the best two journalists this year. Jennifer covering Benghazi, and Cheryl covering Fast and Furious.
- Obama administration refused to engage top counter-terrorism resource for Benghazi
- Classified cable sent on August 16th warned of vulnerability of Benghazi consulate
- Four out of five Sunday news shows fail to mention the Benghazi cover-up
- Kyle Clarke of 9NEWS grills Obama on Benghazi and green energy corruption
- Requests for support from Benghazi defenders denied by the Obama administration
- White House told that terrorists took credit for Benghazi attack within two hours
- Unmanned drone observed Benghazi attack, no help sent for 7 hours
- CIA in Libya reported that Benghazi was a terrorist attack in first 24 hours
- Obama’s Watergate: State Department falsifies Obama’s Benghazi cover-up
- Benghazi attack was a massive failure of Obama’s security policy
- Obama justifies censorship by blaming a Youtube clip for a planned terrorist attack
- Al Qaeda chief suspect in Libya terrorist attack, Obama flies to Las Vegas fundraiser
- Obama administration warns contractors to delay layoffs to after election
- Obama wants to send $1 billion of aid to Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt
- Report: Iran shipping arms and personnel to Syria through Iraq
- Obama is skipping over half of his daily intelligence briefings (PDBs)
- The top 10 foreign policy failures of the Obama administration
- Russian attack submarine operates undetected in Gulf of Mexico for a month
- Democrat defense cuts to an already weakened military expose us to aggression
- Richard Miniter: Obama canceled Bin Laden kill mission THREE TIMES
- Can the Democrats be trusted to protect our national security?
- Obama administration leaked name of British agent who stopped Al Qaeda attack
- Obama overrides Congress to send $192 million to Palestinian Authority
- Obama’s neutrality on the Falklands dispute puts special relationship at risk
- Obama’s Arab Spring: Rockets fired from Egypt hit Israeli city
- Is the Obama administration behind the leak of Israel’s plan to strike Iran?
- Top Iranian official assisting Syria to crackdown on protestors
- Obama’s defense cuts undermine our national security
- Iran set to steal military technology from the drone Obama gave them