(Image source: Time Magazine)
The text at the bottom of the April 4, 1994 Time Magazine cover says: “White House Senior Advisor George Stephanopolous with President Clinton in the Oval Office”.
Breitbart News has more news on the ABC News defense of the Clinton Foundation by former Clinton administration top aide George Stephanopolous.
George Stephanopoulos’ connections to the Clinton Foundation may be more substantial than he has so far admitted.
An archived page of the Clinton Global Initiative website lists George Stephanopoulos as a “notable member” for the years 2010 and 2011. ABC News has confirmed Mr. Stephanopoulos was a member during both years.
Blogger Jeryl Bier first noticed Stephanopoulos’ name on a CGI list of “notable past members.” The site did not specify when each individual listed had been a member. However, the Internet archive shows that Stephanopoulos was listed as a notable member in 2010 and 2011 along with a list of other well-known media members like Matt Lauer and Anderson Cooper.
[…]Breitbart News contacted ABC News and was told that Mr. Stephanopoulos did not pay a membership fee in either 2010 or 2011. According to a spokesperson, he was listed as a member because he moderated a panel for CGI events both of those years.
The Internet archive does not have a cache of the notable CGI members prior to 2010, but according to publicly available sources, Stephanopoulos also participated in CGI events in 2005, in 2006, in 2007 and in 2009. Therefore, it’s possible he was considered a member for every year between 2005-2011, with the possible exception of 2008, when he does not appear to have taken part in any CGI event.
On Wednesday of this week, the Washington Free Beacon discovered that ABC’s Stephanopoulos was listed on the Clinton Foundation website as a donor. WFB reporter Andrew Stiles contacted ABC News to confirm those donations. Rather than respond to the WFB, the spokesperson for ABC News appears to have leaked the story on the donations to Politico.
Politico is a left-wing organization, and they would have spun the story to protect the Clintons and ABC News. It amazes me that anyone looks to the mainstream media for news. Why would you trust people to tell you the truth about Clinton when they donated to the Clinton Foundation, did events for the Clinton Global Initiative, helped to get Bill Clinton elected President as a top aide, then worked in Bill Clinton’s administration as White House Communications Director?
Remember what Stephanopoulos did to Romney during the last Republican primary debate?
The radically leftist New York Times summarizes the clip above:
In 2012 advisers in the Romney campaign actively lobbied to exclude Mr. Stephanopoulos from the primary debates to no avail. Conservatives say their fears were borne out during the ABC News debate in New Hampshire that year. Mr. Stephanopoulos repeatedly asked Mr. Romney if he believed that states could outlaw birth control — a question that the Romney campaign saw as off-point and far afield of the issues that concerned voters. Mr. Stephanopoulos pressed repeatedly, asking six follow-up questions.
That’s right. He asked 7 questions about a topic that as relevant to the campaign as Clinton’s affairs with Monica Lewinsky. He did it in order to smear Republicans.
- ABC News anchor who defended Clinton Foundation donated $75,000 to Clinton Foundation
- Only 10% of money given to Clinton Foundation goes to charity
- Mitt Romney: Hillary’s Clinton Foundation Uranium One scandal “looks like bribery”
- New study: how the mainstream media deleted Hillary Clinton’s e-mail scandal
- “Dead broke” Hillary Clinton makes more money in an hour than top-paid CEO
- New book by Peter Schweizer: Clinton State Department favored foreign donors
- Largest individual donor to Clinton Foundation has trade ties to Iran
- Clinton Foundation continues to take donations from regimes that oppress women
- What are Hillary Clinton’s views on amnesty and illegal immigration?
- Hillary Clinton never signed separation form that required her to turn over all e-mails
- Could Hillary Clinton be sent to prison because of her secret e-mail server?
- Hillary Clinton deleted 32,000 e-mails, refuses to turn over her home-based server
- Clinton Foundation: all eight of the highest paid executives are men
- E-mails released by Clinton: there are “months, and months, and months” missing
- Hillary Clinton used her private e-mail account to conduct State Department business
- E-mails: Hillary Clinton’s top aides knew in minutes that Benghazi was a terrorist attack
- Clinton Foundation receives millions in donations from regimes that oppress women
- As senator, Hillary Clinton paid women 72 cents for every dollar she paid men
- Hillary Clinton’s fake Bosnia gunfire story and her abortion award
- Hillary Clinton: don’t let anybody tell you that corporations and businesses create jobs
- Hillary Clinton aides were present to “separate” damaging documents before Benghazi probe
- Universities raise tuition while paying hundreds of thousands to Hillary Clinton to speak
- State Department ignored Boko Haram for two years, under Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton opposes bill to cut taxpayer funding of abortions abroad