From Investors Business Daily. (H/T Andrew)
The Aug. 28 issue of the journal Science details how the scientific team led by the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), using a century’s worth of data and three powerful computer models, figured out just how small changes in solar activity can trigger great changes in earth’s climate.
[...]The world has significantly cooled in the last decade, a period that corresponds to a decline and virtual halt in sunspot activity. Solar activity is in a valley right now, the deepest of the past century. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reports that in 2008 and 2009 the sun set Space Age records for low sunspot counts, weak solar wind and low solar radiance.
R. Timothy Patterson, professor of geology and director of the Ottawa-Carleton Geoscience Center of Canada’s Carleton University, has said that “CO2 variations show little correlation with our planet’s climate on long-, medium- and even short-time scales.”
Rather, he says, “I and the first-class scientists I work with are consistently finding excellent correlations between the regular fluctuations of the sun and earthly climate. This is not surprising. The sun and the stars are the ultimate source of energy on this planet.”
A Hoover Institution Study a few years back examined historical data and came to a similar conclusion. “The effects of solar activity and volcanoes are impossible to miss. Temperatures fluctuated exactly as expected, and the pattern was so clear that, statistically, the odds of the correlation existing by chance were less than one in 100,” according to Hoover fellow Bruce Berkowitz.
Another day, another disproof of anthropogenic catastrophic man-made global warming.
Around the web:
- Watts Up With That: The hockey stick graph disproved by the American Geophysical Union
- Climate Audit: The impact of the hockey stick hoax on the “spaghetti graph”
- Finnish car company backed by Al Gore gets 529M US government loan
- CRISIS: Famous global warming hockey stick graph is a hoax
- Funny global warming headlines
- Eco-fascist celebrities exposed as hypocrites
- Global warming advocates refuse to give their data to skeptics
- NOAA: Summer temperatures below average