From the UK Telegraph.
A cold Arctic summer has led to a record increase in the ice cap, leading experts to predict a period of global cooling.
There has been a 60 per cent increase in the amount of ocean covered with ice compared to this time last year, they equivalent of almost a million square miles.
In a rebound from 2012′s record low an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia’s northern shores, days before the annual re-freeze is even set to begin.
The Northwest Passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific has remained blocked by pack-ice all year, forcing some ships to change their routes.
A leaked report to the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) seen by the Mail on Sunday, has led some scientists to claim that the world is heading for a period of cooling that will not end until the middle of this century.
If correct, it would contradict computer forecasts of imminent catastrophic warming. The news comes several years after the BBC predicted that the arctic would be ice-free by 2013.
Despite the original forecasts, major climate research centres now accept that there has been a “pause” in global warming since 1997.
The original predictions led to billions being invested in green measures to combat the effects of climate change.
Yes, well. The BBC is run by the British government. It should be no surprise to anyone that they are going to say anything that results in bigger government. That is how they get paid. Of course the BBC thinks that government needs to control individual consumption and energy production – they want bigger government because bigger government means bigger salaries for the BBC.
I, for one, cannot wait to hear the leftists journalists who marveled at the stupidity of Republican voters who denied global warming complain that it really was global cooling that was the problem all along. And the solution is never going to be lower taxes and free market capitalism. The solution will always be more government control of business, families and individuals.
You know, I like to make fun of Christians who read end-of-the-world fiction, but I think even they know that what they are reading is fiction. The really scary thing about left-wing journalists, college professors, Hollywood celebrities, etc. is that they really believe their own nonsense. They see a picture of a polar bear on a small ice floe, and they think “The planet is on fire! It’s the end of the world!”. That’s scary. It’s scary that people who don’t understand science can vote.
- New York Times: no global warming in the last 15 years, despite CO2 increase
- Another failed prediction for global warming: fewer extreme weather events
- Global warming: Scotland hit by blizzards, road closures and 8 inches of snow
- New EPA report: natural gas prodution is even cleaner than previously thought
- Reuters: scientists struggling to explain 15 years of global cooling
- Report: biofuels raise the cost of gas for little environmental benefit
- Global warming in the UK: coldest March in 50 years, winter extending into spring
- Democrat senator Barbara Boxer introduces carbon tax legislation
- New study: Earth was warmer 1000 years ago, during Medieval Warming Period
- New study: there has been no global warming since 1997
- New study finds that cosmic rays and the sun cause global warming
- Global warmist Phil Jones admits there’s been no global warming since 1995
- Chairman of UN’s IPCC used bogus claims to grab global warming cash
- Does global warming increase the frequency of hurricanes?
- Canadian government finds polar bear population up 163% since mid-1980s